1. Notes from a Young Serb is one of my absolute fave posts, because it was culled from one of my favorite nights in life: the first time I met the Serb's actor friends during my first holiday trip to Serbia. Also, this post got Belgraded.
2. The Tuscan Son, about the wrong kinda guy.
3. Noblesse Obligé, where I give you a list of some random shit you didn't know about me, and probably never cared to know, but whatevs, that's what people do when they win 'awards', right?
4. Expat Dating: For Black Women, wherein I talk rules for dating as an expat. I meant it to be for sisters, but when women who weren't black started responding, I widened the scope for the follow up... Expat Dating: It's all about momentum.
5. Mastering Your Expat Life: The Brainstorm, is the one where we, well, brainstorm different ways to move abroad, which subsequently moves me to I say, 'Fuck all that' and just Jump.
6. Any Lost In Translation post is a safe bet (if I do say so myself). LiT features verbatim slices of my life and proof that truth really is if not stranger, definitely more bizarre than fiction. My faves, though, have to do with The Serb, naturally. Check out Lost in Translation 12 and Lost in Translation 15 part 2
7. The Serb's Born Day is me multitasking; I simultaneously celebrate my honey's birthday and rail against folks who use 'structural' readings to reinforce the perceived inferiority of black women even when the historical and/or cultural beams that support that structure aren't there... don't worry. Just read this one. I like it.
8. Roots is about black people, Zora Neale Hurston, and hurricanes.
9. A WTF Moment In World Music. Pitingo. All I gotta say.
10. Last but not least is Confessions. There will be more of these.